Thread: Movie Monster art exhibition Fall 2018

Movie Monster art exhibition Fall 2018

Hi everyone, I'm helping with an upcoming art exhibition about movie monsters that is scheduled for Fall 2018 at the Tempe Center for the Arts. I know most of the members here are probably more interested in haunt building or performances, but I wanted to see if anyone here collects movie memorabilia about monster movies and may have some items to loan the TCA Gallery for this show. I'm thinking mostly classic monsters (Dracula, Wolfman, Creature from Black Lagoon, Frankenstein, etc.) and collectible items such as movie posters and props.

I'm also thinking of building a display for Frankenstein's Lab, and would be interested in any prop ideas for it.

Also, there is likely to be a costume event on one or two nights around Halloween for this show and it would be cool seeing some members there. I will post information for that when possible.

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for your help!

Blog Entries
    This sounds cool Cryptfx!
    I don't have anything, but I'd love to see the exhibition. Be sure to post all the info, and thanks!
    "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!"
    “We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptfx View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm helping with an upcoming art exhibition about movie monsters that is scheduled for Fall 2018 at the Tempe Center for the Arts. I know most of the members here are probably more interested in haunt building or performances, but I wanted to see if anyone here collects movie memorabilia about monster movies and may have some items to loan the TCA Gallery for this show. I'm thinking mostly classic monsters (Dracula, Wolfman, Creature from Black Lagoon, Frankenstein, etc.) and collectible items such as movie posters and props.

I'm also thinking of building a display for Frankenstein's Lab, and would be interested in any prop ideas for it.

Also, there is likely to be a costume event on one or two nights around Halloween for this show and it would be cool seeing some members there. I will post information for that when possible.

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for your help!
    Are the dates for this confirmed?
    "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!"
    “We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.”

It looks like this exhibition will open in September and run until January. I'll make be sure to post details when I find out.

From the fantastic to the frightful, the Gallery at TCA's new exhibition, Monster Stories, explores our fascination with monsters through popular culture, literary characters, mythology and the idea of the "other" in society. This exhibition features memorabilia, pop culture toys and monster imagery from local and national artists as well as hands-on workshops for all ages. A free opening public reception will be held Friday, Sept. 14, from 5-9 p.m. The exhibition runs through Jan. 6. For more information about the exhibition and Tempe Center for the Arts, visit tempecenterforthearts.com .

Zombie Bob Ross wants your brain!
    Name:  20180815_125246b.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  83.2 KB
    The Monsters Stories exhibition at the Tempe Center for the Arts has a free public opening reception this Friday (Sept. 14th) from 6pm to 9pm. See you there!