Swap Meet Ads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zuni Fetish Doll

Zuni Fetish Doll

Hello Haunters! I'm creating a new sculpt for this upcoming swap meet and thought to share with everyone. If you've seen the film Trilogy of Terror, then you're gonna know what this little monster is. Definitely unforgettable.

Anyway, I'd like to preface that this is not going to be an exact replica but something pretty close. It's my interpretation of "He Who Kills". With that said, I started with a potato-sized lump of clay on an armature and started with it.

It's supposed to be kinda primitive in the way it's made so it won't have perfectly smooth surfaces or a lot of detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The next step is to start the molding process on his noggin. I removed the teeth because it's really hard to get small, pointed areas like that to cast up correctly, (at least for me it is), so I'm going to do them separately. I used a brush on silicone and put roughly 6 coats on it. You can get away with 4 but I want to be sure it's not going to tear.

Less coats mean better stretch and flex but I'm not worried about that because I'm going to cut the mold in half, instead of peeling it off in one piece. What that means is I'll have a seam line to clean up before paint.

Name:  image4 copy.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  145.4 KB
    Name:  image5 copy.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  133.9 KB

Unless you pour enough silicone so it's thick and can support itself, you need to have a support mold of some kind. In this case I used this stuff called Free Form Sculpt which is a two-part epoxy putty that cures up hard in about 1.5 hours. I meant to use Free Form AIR but I bought the wrong stuff. It works in the same way, but it's not as lightweight and is really sticky.

The grey blobs you see in these pics is what I'm talking about. Also the shaprie lines in the previous pics are where I wanted to apply that stuff, one section at a time. The lines where the razor is was for the seamline.

Name:  image6 copy.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  288.4 KB
    Name:  image8 copy.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  194.9 KB

Even in death he stares at me. This is gonna be a creepy build.

Questions/comments/hate mail welcome!

More later.

Johnny

Name:  image7 copy.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  142.5 KB

That's awesome work - looking forward to seeing it at the swap meet!

Blog Entries
    Creeped me out when I saw the movie, nice work on recreating it!
    Calm? Do "murder" and "calm" go together? Calm and murder?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing your process here. Nice work!
    "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!"
    “We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.”

Wow! Thanx for all of the great compliments! I really appreciate it.

So here I've made a slip cast resin and (rigid) foam-filled head to use as a reference for the rest of the body. According to screen shots taken from the film, it's kinda big in relation to everything else so I'm going with what I have here. I don't really have any official measurements or numbers so this is my best guess.

He looks like a mutated big mouth bass but that will change.

Molds are started for the arms, and the body mold is on its way. And like I had mentioned before, it's supposed to be rather primitive, so it's gonna be a bit rough and not so perfectly sculpted.

Johnny

Name:  image10 copy.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  185.3 KB
    Name:  image11 copy.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  150.4 KB
    Name:  image12 copy.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  143.6 KB
    Name:  image13 copy.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  210.2 KB
    Name:  image14 copy.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  159.2 KB

The body mold is done and got my first casting out of it. Needs a little finish work, but overall it's good. The arm molds are done and those turned out good too. Woohoo!

Will be able to start some assembly this weekend, but I gotta figure out how to punch hair into a rigid surface and make it stay put. I've never done that before, so it will be a bit experimental. That means doing all of the wrong things first and probably messing up the first head casting beyond recognition. Oh well, that's what the mold is for!

Name:  image15 copy.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  210.4 KB
    Name:  image16 copy.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  187.3 KB

Blog Entries
    man, I love watching this process!

Calm? Do "murder" and "calm" go together? Calm and murder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast