Thread: May Make & Take - Shiatsu Hack - Zombie Groundbreakers

May Make & Take - Shiatsu Hack - Zombie Groundbreakers

Saturday, May 19th, 10AM
    HeatSync Labs
    Shiatsu Massager Hack

Shiatsu messagers are a versatile option for those who want some motion in their haunt. Most common for zombie groundbreakers or zombie escapes, but can be adapted to almost anything. There are a couple of videos over on our facebook page and I'll get some examples put up here as well.

For this make and take we'll focus on putting together the basic understructure and how to control the motion. How you "skin" your creation will be up to you.

What you'll need:
    -Shiatsu messager - the neck ones work best, but I've seen the others used equally effectively. Check garage sales, goodwill, and other resale stores. You are looking for something like this: Name:  Shiatsu.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  7.7 KB
    -A few feet of PVC pipe with a handful of 90 and 45 connectors. The diameter of the PVC will be determined by what Shiatsu you get. When you take off the fabric covering you will see the massager posts, covered by hard plastic knobs. You can either find PVC that fits over these knobs, or take them off and find something that will fit over the bare posts.
    -vinyl strapping tape or long screws or cord or other items that will help you contain the movement. This truly is experimental determined by what kind of movement you are looking for. I will have a supply of things with me that we can share.
    -Optional: a wig head or skull, something to put the top to get a feel for your creature.

More details as we get closer, but wanted to give everyone enough time to hunt down those shiatsus.
    Last edited by JustJimAZ; 04-18-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Everyone start lookig for those massagers!
    Goodwill (1/2 price day this Saturday!)
    Deseret Industries
    Salvation Army
    Any thrift store!
    "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!"
    “We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.”

Blog Entries
    Date changed to Saturday!
    "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!"
    “We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.”

Only a little over a week away! Hunt down those shiatsu messages. We have a couple people who have acquired extras, so if you haven't been able to find one let us know.

I'll have a supply of strapping and screws and some misc. PVC pieces. This is a great project to use your small PVC scraps.

Essentially when we are done the insides look something like this.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 7.35.19 PM.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  14.7 KB

And here is an example of one in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr43JQ8vXno

today is the day! See everyone there.

This was fun. Glad I could make it to one on a Saturday! Had a great time meeting some new haunters.

Blog Entries
    Is anyone able to share a few pictures of this event? I would like to post them in our photo section. That way other members can see what you made. Thanks!
    Calm? Do "murder" and "calm" go together? Calm and murder?

Swap Meet Information