Stripping and glitter have gone together like peanut butter and jelly for decades. However, in this case, I wanted to see if I could strip an item of its glitter.

Every durn thing is covered in glitter these days. Skellies, bats, spiders, you name it. Just after Christmas, I discovered that the 99Cent Mostly stores had these great huge sleigh bells. Covered, of course, in garish glitter.

These have the advantage of being made of some kind of steel. Assuming that the glue used would be the cheapest possible, and therefore probably water based, I put them in a can of water. I hoped to dissolve the glue entirely.

After two weeks completely submerged, the thing was still covered in glitter. However, a quick scrub with some stainless steel wool took off all the external glitter completely!

Whatever process they use to glitter these things up gets the inside too, so there's still glitter in there. However, the outside is nice and clean and I can rust it up or paint it or do whatever I like glitter free. And that, my friends, was the goal!